Wednesday, February 20, 2013

5.

Eat Well

I have been on my "eat clean" lifestyle for the past three days. So far so good! I find myself with increased energy and stamina, and I just feel great all around. I have been doing a lot of research on different "eat clean" recipes. I find that if I were to eat the same couple of things day after day I would get bored, and different cravings would ensue.

During my 4 o'clock class today the girl next to me was eating this delicious looking, and insanely greasy pizza. The smell or garlic and cheese immediately filled my mouth, and I need pizza right there, right then. I decided if I was going to give in to a craving I was going to do it the "clean" way. I stumbled across a way that you can make pizza crust out of broccoli or cauliflower, so I decided to give it a try! Here is my version of The Complete Veggie Pizza.

Ingredients:


Crust:
1 Fresh Broccoli Head
1 egg
Parmesan Cheese
Goat Cheese
Oregano
Garlic Salt
Pepper

Toppings:
Peppers
Avocado
Ground Turkey
Kale
Garlic
Tomato Sauce
Goat Cheese

1. Crust: Grate or shred broccoli into very very very small pieces. Don't grate the stalks, or include those, just the dark "leafy" parts of the broccoli.

2. Mix in 1 egg, parmesan cheese, goat cheese, oregano, garlic salt and pepper.

3. Mix it all together so everything is evenly distributed throughout the "dough."

4. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with a tiny bit of olive oil so the dough doesn't stick. Put broccoli mixture on the cookie sheet in about a 7" circle.

5. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 450

6. Take out pizza, add toppings, and bake again until cheese is melted and it "looks done"



















You can obviously replace the type of cheeses, the toppings, etc and make it your own! The pizza was delicious, crispy, filling, and of course clean! Happy eating everyone!
xo Alexa



No comments:

Post a Comment