Monday, February 25, 2013

6.

Live Fashion

Although I have no immediate plans of dropping out of college and moving to Hollywood, I am convinced that one day I will walk the red carpet. A girl can dream right? For now I will just settle for watching the awards in my sweatpants, nestled into my bed. 

Last night was all about the fashion. (Okay, maybe a little bit about this years films too but..) Hollywood's A list pulled out all of the stops this year, from HUGE designer gowns (literally, humungous) to dresses covered in glitter and shine. Here are my favorite (and not so favorite) looks from The Oscars 2013.


Favorite
Kerry Washington




















Kerry Washington combined two of my favorite trends, Glitter, and Coral. This Miu Miu gown was a bold choice, compared to the pale color pallet mostly everyone else seemed to be following. Way to be different Kerry!

Favorite
Jessica Chastain




















Although I was not a fan of all of the nude/pale colors this year, Jessica knocked it out of the park with this one. The red in her hair, and the red lips created a perfect color pop. The Armani Prive dress perfectly complemented her figure. She truly looked like a leading lady in this number. 

Favorite
Stacy Keibler















George Clooney's much younger babe, stole the show in this shimmery number. Did she, dare I say it, outshine Mr. Clooney? That is up for debate, but Stacy surely was a crowd favorite in her Naeem Khan dress. I mean come on, check out the back on that thing! 

Not so Favorite
Anne Hathaway


















Don't get me wrong I am a huge Anne fan, and who knew she could sing! But, honestly, this dress looks like a terrible JCPenney prom dress. The color was all wrong for her pale skin, and the high cut top with the necklace, no, no, no. I also wish that this "Best Supporting Actress" was a little more supported if you know what I mean... I am disappointed Prada. 

If spring fashion is going to look anything like the Oscars you should be expecting a lot of glitter, a lot of glam, and hopefully, not a lot of nipples (Anne Hathaway.) But remember you don't have to be walking down a red carpet to be looking like an A-list celebrity! You can incorporate any of these style trends in your everyday wardrobe! Bored with your going out clothes? Add a little sparkle! Tired of wearing all black to the office? Spice it up with a splash of coral! Whatever you do, remember, you are fabulous no matter what. 
xo Alexa


1 comment:

  1. I no longer regret not seeing the Oscars, everything i need to know is right here! Great job!

    ReplyDelete