Monday, February 18, 2013

4.

Eat Well

After my weekend away I knew I needed to get my butt in gear. Summer is just around the corner, and my body is still in hibernation mode. I decided to start "eating clean." Eating clean to summarize, is to eat everything that is natural, things with no preservatives, added sugars etc. The most important part is to increase the veggies and protein and decrease the carbohydrates and sugars. To encourage the new lifestyle I spent an hour today making all of my lunches for the week. (Note how I said an hour, yes, all of this only took an hour.) Here are some ideas for Eating Clean.

Grocery List:
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Eggs
  • Apples
  • Avocados
  • Kiwis
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Goat Cheese
  • Almond Butter
  • Broccoli
  • Lean Ground Turkey
  • Spinach
  • Almonds
  • Hummus
  • Peppers
  • Almond Milk
  • Kale
  • Green Beans
  • Goat Cheese 
  • Fruit Medley: Blackberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Grapes
Meal 1:




Fresh Spinach topped with steamed green beans, fresh broccoli sliced red peppers, whole almonds, cottage cheese. The meat mixture on the right side is lean ground turkey, mashed avocados, and salsa.

Meal 2: 

Lean Ground Turkey topped with Sirracha. Steamed green beans and broccoli. Egg Whites, Boiled Sweet Potato. 

Meal 3: 


Egg Whites: Filled with Broccoli and Avocado Mixture, some lean ground turkey and topped with Sirracha. Sliced Red Peppers, Garlic Hummus, Boiled Sweet Potatoes, and Almonds. 

The most important part of "eating clean" however is incorporating exercise, and lots of water into your diet. The foods above are just examples of some of the many different things you can eat while "eating clean."For breakfast I will be eating things such as greek yogurt, lots of fruit, or oatmeal, while for dinner things such as Chili made with lean ground turkey. 

I hope you guys see how easy eating healthy is! Eating clean will make you feel and look great. Lets do this journey together!

xo Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment