Monday, May 6, 2013

9.

 Eat Well

Just to catch you up to speed on my life, in the last month I have finished my fourth and final internship, stopped working at the restaurant, successfully completed my last year of college, and continued on the ever-lasting hunt for a full-time job. Now that the basics of my life are out of the way, time to get down to business.

In the past month I have been doing a lot of exploring within healthy eating, and figured out some things that work, and things that don't work (for me at least.) I have come to the conclusion that although meal prep is extremely helpful in terms of saving you time, you get really sick of eating pretty much the same meal all week.

Throughout the month I have found something that not only is delicious and healthy, but saves you so much time. Introducing "The Green Smoothie."I'm not replacing all of my meals with a smoothie that is just unreasonable and unhealthy. Instead, I have replaced my coffee in the morning with a green smoothie. It gives you energy, and keeps you full until lunchtime!

Most of my smoothie recipes come from this website: http://simplegreensmoothies.com/recipes  I usually use frozen fruits and veggies because they don't spoil as fast. Here are a few of my favorite personal creations.

Power-Energy Smoothie

1 Banana
2 Spoonfuls of almond (or peanut) butter
1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
Handful of Uncooked Oats
2 Ice Cubes

Pre-Workout Smoothie

1 Banana
1/4 Avocado
2 Tbs of Oats
Kale
2 Spoonfuls of Almond Butter
1/2 Cup of Almond Milk




















Berry Delicious

Kale
Blueberries
Mango
2 Spoonfuls of Almond Butter
1/2 Cup of Almond Milk
Flaxseed

A Christy Leung Original

Mango
Bananas
Spinach
Pineapple
Almond Milk
Chia Seeds
Flax Seed Oil

Check out the Original Green Smoothie website, or feel free to use any of my creations! Drink Well!

xo Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment